Computer crimes are more prolific and sophisticated than ever and equally building defensive software to combat this is more important than it has been since the advent of the digital age. With our origins being in the architecture of banking & financial software we know a thing or two about creating bullet proof software.
It is clear across the modern business landscape that more needs to be done to protect business and their customers from cyber threats. It is estimated that by 2025, humanity’s collective data will reach 175 zettabytes. Securing all this data is vital and large amounts of this can easily be compromised.
Major research organisations have seen alarming changes in statistics over the last few years. The COVID pandemic has only accelerated this alarming growth:
- The cost of an average data breaches rose to the highest in 17 years in 2021, rising from US$3.86 million to US$4.24 million on an annual basis. (IBM Cost of a Data Breach Report 2021)
- The number of attacks per company increased from 206 to 270 year over year. A 31% increase from 2020 to 2021 (Accenture’s State of cybersecurity resilience 2021 report).
- The cost of remedying a ransomware attack has increased from US$761,106 in 2020 to US$1.85 million in 2021 (ENISA Threat Landscape 2021)
- 82% of organizations have increased their cybersecurity budgets over the past year accounting for up to 15% of total IT spending. (Accenture’s State of cybersecurity resilience 2021 report)
- The cost of cybercrime is predicted to hit $10.5 trillion by 2025 (2022 Cybersecurity Almanac)
At Redi Software we offer many solutions to combat the ever-growing threat.
We architecture and design to banking grade patterns regardless of the system. Even seemingly irrelevant data is highly secure with our approach.
We employ recommended best practices from security experts and leading security companies into our design.
We employ SSL coverage on all systems including test environments to ensure all data is transmitted securely.
When required and necessary we participate in penetration testing by using established platforms as well as external vendors.
We employ where necessary Two Factor Authentication and Multi-Factor Authentication on our systems. Smart card and smart key software access systems are also utilised too.
For full audit, transparency, and recoverability, cryptographically signed databases are a game changer. Data cannot be manipulated or removed for a digital record that represents the truth.Read more here
Development Security Consulting
We can offer general best practice advice and guidance on your code, platform and software project at a very low level.
Secure Design & Hosting
From layering, ringfencing and isolation levels at a code level to ultra-secure cloud-based hosting.